What are some cool WhatsApp tricks?
Let us do this. 💪
- Basic but not popular.
- Change theme. Go to the three dots on top right corner. Then go to settings. Now go to chats and there you see it- change the theme (light/dark)
- Change the language. This will work amazingly for people who are not familiar with English. Tap on the three dots on top right corner. Then go to settings. Now go to chats and you will see “App language”. Choose your preferred language and enjoy.
- Having problem with the font size? Don’t worry, I have got you. Tap on the three dots on top right corner. Then go to settings. Now go to chats and you will see “font size”. There are three options: Small, medium and large. Choose the one which you prefer.
2. Not popular at all but interesting.
- Want to know which chat is taking the most space on your phone? Tap on the three dots on top right corner. Then go to settings. Now go to “ Data and storage usage”. Then go to “Storage usage”. There is the list! Now you know which group you have to exit.
- Reduce your data usage while on a whatsapp call. Tap on the three dots on top right corner. Then go to settings. Now go to “ Data and storage usage”. Swipe down and tap on “Low data usage”.
3. Unpopular (basically, the ones you are here for.
- Want to write in different formats? ( Disclaimer: 1,2 and 4 are popular)
- “`hi“` ( that is called monospace)
- Ever saw the option “ Mark as unread” when you tap on the three dots on top right corner? Well. Hold a chat and tap on that option and you can use it to remember that you have to talk to them later. It marks the chat like this:
- This is interesting! Want to text without typing? Install Google assistant. Now, just instruct it. Start with this: “ Google, type a text to Papa (or anybody) on whatsapp”. And it will open whatsapp for you and then you just have to speak. I guess you can type by your own too.
- Want to save a chat session with someone ? Open the chat of the person you want to export. Tap on the three dots on top right corner. Go to “Export chat”. Proceed with the options now.
How can one hide their profile pic from a specific person without blocking him in WhatsApp?
Yes, you can hide profile pic from specific person without blocking on whatsapp. There are plenty of reasons that you may not want your friends to see your profile picture.
No matter what reason, you are able to limit the visibility of your WhatsApp profile photo and instead show a white silhouette on a grey background.
Follow the simple steps to protect your privacy:
- First delete that contact from your device. not from Whatsapp.
- Now open your WhatsApp, Tap on 3 vertical dot menu icon → “Settings” –> “Account” –> “Privacy”.
- From here, in “Who can see my personal info” box, you will get the option of “Profile Photo”.
- Tap on “Profile Photo”, You will get 3 options, simply select only “My contacts” option.
- From here you can select the contact from which you want to hide.
The only way do that is to delete that specific person’s number from your contacts list and change the privacy setting so that only people in you contacts list can see your profile picture.
If you need to keep there number then you can download the app “Open Contacts” from the app store “F-Droid” so that WhatsApp can’t catch their number.
Anyway, this is how you change the privacy settings to do what I suggested above
1. Click on the 3 red dots on the top right hand corner
2. Select “settings”
3. Select “accounts”
4. Select “privacy”
5. Select “profile photo”
6. Select “my contacts”